Medical Student Behavioral Health Service, Miller School of Medicine Campus
The Medical Student Behavioral Health Service (MSBHS), managed by the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, offers outpatient mental health services to medical students. Service is provided by licensed psychiatrists. The service is completely confidential. The service provides acute care, elective care, and follow-up care.
Evaluations and Treatment with UMMSM Faculty in Dept of Psychiatry
• Starts with 5 free visits, more as needed
• Weekday regular workday hours
• To make a confidential appointment please call confidential phone line dedicated to medical student appointments 305-243-2774 to request the appointment. This is a VOICEMAIL number, you will be prompted to leave information so you can be scheduled. You should hear back about scheduling within 48 hours of your leaving a message.
• Office location in Palm Beach County: 3848 FAU Blvd, Suite 305, Boca Raton, FL 33431
• After hours, and on weekends and holidays, students may leave a message on the dedicated phone line for non-emergencies. For emergencies, see below.
Medical Student Behavioral Health Counseling Service
• Henderson Behavioral Health is available to RMC students for mental health counseling.
• Students may contact Henderson Student Counseling Services to schedule a confidential appointment with a licensed mental health worker:
• Phone: (954)-424-6868
• Office location:
3199 Lake Worth Road
Lake Worth, FL 33461
Off campus psychiatric emergencies will be referred to 911.
On campus psychiatric emergencies will be referred to 911 or, if deemed appropriate, the student will be brought to the UMH emergency room and will ask for the UM Psychiatry faculty attending or the UM faculty on call (after normal hours).
REFERRAL OPTIONS FOR NON-UM RESOURCES
You may be interested in seeking help somewhere not affiliated with UM. For options around South Florida and throughout the State please click on the County:
• Palm Beach County
• The state of Florida
• Online THERAPY options with TALK SPACE
• Contact National Alliance on Mental Illness
Urgent Episodic Care
All students are encouraged to obtain a local primary care provider. Primary care providers will see established patients for same day appointments when urgent.
In the case of an emergency, please go to the nearest emergency room. The student is responsible for fees/ copays for the visit. Please check your insurance in advance.
Routine, Non-Urgent, Appointments
All students are encouraged to obtain a local primary care provider.
If you have the student health insurance, you can log in via the link below and find a primary care physician near you via their directory.
In addition, UHealth has two locations in Palm Beach County.
Need a Specialist?
Check your insurance website for specialists in Palm Beach County that take the Student Health Insurance. There are a lot of options throughout Palm Beach County. You can find a specialist by logging in to your student health insurance account and looking through the physician directory for a specialist that takes the student health insurance near you.
***Check your insurance charges for copays at facility fee information.
In the case of an emergency, please go to the nearest emergency room. The student is responsible for fees/ copays for the visit.